We certainly continue to be perhaps the most influential generation of all time. I’d like to think the reason for this is more than just a sheer numbers. Indeed — think about this — we shall forever be the ONLY generation that bridge the era of black and white televisions and telephones without dials with today’s world of exploding technology in every sector of life. It’s mind boggling, and, I think, spiritually significant.
On a less esoteric note, I came across some information from Nielsen studies about our generation that you might find interesting. We:
- Dominate 1,023 out of 1,083 consumer packaged goods categories
- Watch the most video: 9:34 hours per day
- Comprise 1/3 of all TV viewers, online users, social media users and Twitter users
- Time shift TV more than 18-24s (2:32 vs. 1:32)
- Are significantly more likely to own a DVD player
- More likely to have broadband Internet access at home