Live Nice. Yikes, when these two words came to me a few weeks ago, I knew I was onto something. I knew it was to become my mantra. I knew it would become bumper sticker and T-shirt material. I knew it was something I needed to write about.
So besides the obvious, what is it? A few thoughts for Live Nice in my humble world.
- Do it the simple way, not out of laziness, but out of purposefulness
- Take walks in the country, through the woods, or in old city neighborhoods
- Plant a vegetable garden and reap its harvests with healthy meals and salads
- Plant a Zen garden and sit in it often with a book and glass of sun tea in hand
- Meditate often
- Breathe deep
- Ride my horse Buzzy taking small steps when I’m fearful and bigger ones when we’re more sure-footed
- Call and visit with friends more often: I am blessed to have many good ones
- Learn new things
- Embark upon a research project for something truly purposeful
- Limit technology time and stop wiling away hours doing nothing on the Internet
- Stop feeling guilty about everything
- Be kind to people in supermarkets, stores, and public places instead of feeling annoyed by them
- Focus on writing
- Drink good wine
So, just a few new behaviors for my Live Nice list. Many, many, many more to follow…Maybe you have something to add?